Thursday 19 April 2012

Tasty bacon substitue!


I use cooked ham from the deli to make my own version of bacon.  I get the nitrate free variety and you can find low sodium versions as well.


Place cooked ham on foil covered baking sheet.

Place in toaster oven and bake at 400 for about 2-3 minutes per side. You can also bake a larger quantity in the oven.

When the ham crisps up remove it from toaster oven and let cool slightly.
It will crisp up as it cools and then you can use it as you normally would bacon!

This pita is high protein, high fibre and low fat! I found it at Fortinos and Longos.


I make a BLT with a high protein pita pocket and lettuce and tomato.  You can even add a squirt of mayo! Delish!


I also make boiled egg, bacon and cheese pita with it! Really tasty because the ham is salty! Great snack, breakfast or lunch idea!





No comments:

Post a Comment