Wednesday 13 June 2012

Healthy "Baci" chocolate cups

So I made my own version of nutella a while back by melting dark chocolate and mixing it with hazelnut butter.  I decided I needed a substitute for my favourite chocolate...Baci chocolates!


This time I melted a larger amount of chocolate (12 squares) of Lindt 85% dark chocolate and mixed it with 4 tbsps of natural hazenut butter.  Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water and mix with hazelnut butter.  Add Chia seeds as well for a nice nutrition boost and crunchy texture!

To sweeten it up a little I also added 4 packages of natural sugar substitue Xylitol (the brand I use is called Xyla). It doesn't have an aftertaste and can be used in place of sugar (one part xyla=one part sugar). Great to use for baking!


I placed some hazelnuts in a small muffin tin that I sprayed with non stick spray and then poured the melted chocolate hazelnut mixture into each one.




I then refridgerated them for a few hours (2 to 3 hours). I removed them from the muffin tray with a spoon but they didn't come out as nicely as I would have liked.  They were dented from the spoon I used to "scoop" them out so I would recommend using paper liners next time to make them "neater" and prettier.  They would also be easier to eat that way as they melt very quickly from the heat of your hands...

They taste great though!!!
They are a treat so enjoy in moderation.  You will feel good knowing they are made with natural ingredients, are low in sugar and are way more nutritious than Baci chocolates...Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment