Thursday 29 March 2012


 Alcan Slide foil is a staple in my house. I use it to grill and bake without oil or added fats.  Food bakes and grills without sticking.
 
 I was at Costco today and bought a large pack of fresh cod.  It is one of our favourites.  I place it on a piece of Slide foil and then place it on the bbq.  I don't add a thing!! No oil, salt etc...no seasoning. That way, I can add fats and spices later. 




When the fish is done..about 20 minutes later...I let the fish cool.  Using the bbq to grill the fish is a great option because it keeps your home from smelling like fish...and it is really easy.  Just close the lid and set your timer for 20 minutes and its done!!  

I place the fish in a container and keep it in the fridge to use in salads, wraps, etc.

Tonight's dinner was salad (mixed greens) with some fish (baked fresh cod).  When I make a salad like this I put all the ingredients in a large tupperware and then add my dressings...olive oil and apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper...and then put the lid on and shake!
That way the dressing gets evenly distributed and if you get full and don't finish the salad, you can put the lid on and save it for later or the next day!



No comments:

Post a Comment