Wednesday 28 March 2012




Tonight's dinner....broccoli cole slaw with spicy peanut sauce and smoked tofu.

Place some coconut oil in a non stick pan and heat until it liquifies. Medium to medium low heat setting.
Add 2 packages of Mann's broccoli slaw (available in organic as well) and toss.

Make the peanut sauce:
  • 1/4 tbsp of peanut butter (natural or whatever brand you have on hand)
  • 2 tbsp of soy sauce ( I used reduced sodium brand)
  • 1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp of sesame oil (I didn't have any on hand so I used sesame seeds)
  • dash of garlic flakes or chopped fresh garlic (small clove)
  • add asian hot sauce..I added 2 tbsps because I love spice but you can add to your "heat level"
  • Wisk all the ingredients together and if it is too thick, (mine was..) then add some water to thin it out
Add peanut sauce to broccoli slaw and toss. 

Cut up the whole package of tofu into cubes and then add to slaw and toss again to heat it through.

I add a sprinkle of extra sesame seeds and chia seeds at the end to give an extra boost of fibre and omega 3.
If you like, you can garnish with cilantro, green onion and lime wedges...
I make extra so I have enough for tomorrow's lunch or a snack..
Enjoy!





1 comment: