Saturday 24 March 2012

This is a snack I make regularly and take with me on the go...I take a high fibre crisp (see previous blog for a pic of the high fibre crisps) and add sliced reduced fat aged cheddar cheese.  I top that with a boiled egg (cut it in half and remove the yolk and then place on top of the cheese) and a handfull of arugula.  I use cling wrap to hold it all in place.  Wrap it tightly or it will all fall apart if you are taking it to go.  Or just dig in and eat it right away! I usually add cut up cucumber and celery to this and have it as a mini lunch when I am out running errands.  After a few hours, if I get hungry I eat a handful of nuts like almonds or walnuts and half a sliced apple as a snack and I feel full and satisfied for hours!!!  Remember to eat every 3 to 4 hours to keep your metabolism fired up!

No comments:

Post a Comment