Monday 26 March 2012



Today's lunch.... I used my leftover grilled chicken breast from Saturday night's dinner.
I placed slices of chicken on some romaine lettuce leaves.  I topped the chicken with some salsa (see pic above for the brand I like...all natural ingredients and tastes great) and some quark cheese.  I use the quark cheese as a sour cream substitute.  I find it tastes more like sour cream than the greek yogurt does.  It is nice and thick and sour tasting. 
I sprinkled some cayenne pepper on top (optional...but it does boost metabolism) and added some pea sprouts.  Use the lettuce leaves like you would a tortilla shell and roll or scoop up the toppings and enjoy!
You could also have added some shredded cheddar cheese to make it even better!! I didn't have any on hand, otherwise I would have! I have a weakness for cheese!!
Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment